The Stack: A Game Design Exercise


I've never been one to set myself a goal of making some huge, groundbreaking new mechanism. Instead, I like to tease out bits of mechanical data from a small set of interactions and components. So, I posted this little thought-experiment on Twitter:

How much game information can you derive from a stack of colored chips?

Check out the Twitter responses here. Some really clever stuff that I didn't think of originally, like diversity of colors in the stack, size of an individual run, and certain Poker-style combos. What comes to mind for you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Graphic Design and Typography Tips for your Card Game

Troubleshooting: How to fix "Remove Blank Lines for Empty Fields" in InDesign Data Merge

One Thing to Avoid in Game Design